[ltp] Re: T42p bluetooth?

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:24:26 +1000

>On 3 Oct 2004, Chris McDonough wrote:

[...]

> Yup.  The issue was that I was attempting to purchase the system from CDW
> rather than via IBM.  Though CDW sells IBM warranties, they're
> understandably not as familiar with the warranties as IBM is.  I ended up
> purchasing the T42 along with a warranty upgrade via IBM.com, which was
> much easier, although apparently it will take about a month (!) to ship
> whereas CDW claimed to be able to ship it within 4 - 6 days.

IBM .au list a month as the lead time on all equipment, and usually
deliver within a week.  I have *never* actually waited out the claimed
time.

This, I suspect, is because their policy ensures they never deliver late
to a customer -- by quoting the worst possible time estimate.

Hopefully it will get through to you sooner.  I always found that
calling and following up on a sale gets you useful information, too, and
may help get it scheduled sooner. :)

          Daniel
--
Psychoanalysis is the mental illness it purports to cure.
        -- Karl Krauss