[ltp] T40 No longer powers off on halt

ben lamothe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:37:03 -0400

Hi, I just re-installed Gentoo 2004.2 with ACPI, using kernel 2.6.8.
Before the re-install, I could execute a halt at and the system
powered down fine, but now, when i execute halt, the system seems to
shut down normally, up untill the last moment.  All of the normal
"stopping" messages are displayed, and then the screen blanks and it
seems as if it shuts down, but the fan still runs, and it doesn't
completely turn off.  I actually have to hold down the power button to
actually get it to power down.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The
same thing happens with APM enabled as well, and besides, I used ACPI
and this same kernel before.  Thanks