[ltp] Ubuntu Linux

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:32:12 +0200

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 07.10.2004, 18:17 -0400 schrieb Eben King:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 ash@kgbspy.org wrote:
>
> > The only issue I have is that there is no kernel-source package on the cd,
> > nor on the online repository. Is anyone else running this distro, and have
> > any ideas as to whether it's available or not?
>
> You don't generally need a package for it.  Just grab the tar.{bz2,gz}
> from kernel.org.  Might want to snag /proc/config.gz while you're at it.

Well, since it is debian based, you are probably better off building the
kernel the debian way, which means using kernel-package. You can still
use the original sources, but better results might come using your
distro's, they probably patched it.

You should be able to add regular debian repositories to your apt
sources and get kernel-package and kernel sources from there.

good luck,
nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner