[ltp] Ubuntu Linux

Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:44:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Joachim Breitner wrote:

>> You don't generally need a package for it.  Just grab the tar.{bz2,gz}
>> from kernel.org.  Might want to snag /proc/config.gz while you're at it.
>
> Well, since it is debian based, you are probably better off building the
> kernel the debian way, which means using kernel-package. You can still
> use the original sources, but better results might come using your
> distro's, they probably patched it.

Unfortunately it's not the kernel that I want to build, but a third party
app that needs the source to compile against. I have the plain source from
kernel.org, but presumably it needs source that has actually been used to
compile a kernel... at least that's how it seems.

> You should be able to add regular debian repositories to your apt
> sources and get kernel-package and kernel sources from there.

Might give that a try, cheers :)

The one thing I forgot to mention in my original email was that acpi still
= off, as you'd expect. Maybe I should just kill two birds with one stone
and compile my own kernel, fixing acpi while I'm at it... ;)

cheers,
ash.