[ltp] apm no longer works T40 Kernel 2.6.7 -> 2.6.8

Simon Wong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:52:39 +1000

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 22:48, T D wrote:
>     You might want to look if you have it compiled
> into your kernel or as a module. I ran into the same
> problem
> when I upgraded from 2.6.4 to 2.6.8.

The stock Debian config are:

        $ grep -i apm /boot/config-2.6.8-1-686
        # Power management options (ACPI, APM)
        # APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
        CONFIG_APM=m
        # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

        voyager: ~
        $ grep -i apm /boot/config-2.6.7-1-686
        # Power management options (ACPI, APM)
        # APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
        CONFIG_APM=m
        # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
        # CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

There're no changes to module loading or config between the two.

My lilo.conf has the same append line:

        append="apm=on apm=power-off acpi=off"

So I can't understand the difference in results.

--
Simon Wong <linux@wongy.org>
Wongy.org