[ltp] Thinkpad r50p: serious slowness at restart.

Mario Giammarco linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:25:34 +0200

I have a thinkpad r50p, I have tried several kernels and kernel options.
I have tried also kernel patches (acpi, kolivas, software suspend 2.1).

I can finally s3 suspend almost stable and software suspend my machine.

But I have a serious problem: when I wake up it again I have serious
slugginess.

I have done some checks and I have discovered with hdparm that when I
fresh start my machine I obtain 30mb/s from hard disk. When I
suspend/hibernate and I wake up it again I obtain only 3 mb/s.

Please help me, I cannot have a system so slow!

Thank you in advance for any reply!