[ltp] safe partition resize etc.

Oleg Sverdlov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:22:43 +0200

thanks for all who answered me about partition resize.

I was able to resize  NTFS partition using last version of ntfsresize
from command line.

At first I've tried to resize the main partition in the middle of system
restoration proces, while it was still VFAT.

I've resized to 13Gb, and it was too small for system restore. So I've
created 15Gb.

The trick with ntfsresize was  to run fdisk afterwars... somehow tricky,
I still not sure whether I did everything right.

Now I'm ready to install... I have FC2, Slack 10 and Suse 9.1 ...  I'd
prefer slackware, but when Slackware is loaded, my harddisk starts
making strange clicks :-( I don't know whether it's a driver or a
hardware issue.

I'd prefer Slackware because of the excellent (in my opinion) guide at
http://orin.meinlschmidt.org/~znouza/doc/r51/ .

Oleg.