[ltp] Suspend to ram and usb-stick

Ronald Hitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:37:36 +0200

--YToU2i3Vx8H2dn7O

Hi Niels,

I have also the experimental Option of USB suspend/resume set to off.

And I don't need to unload the Moduls ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd.
They should leave RAM from acpi-software.

Which module makes your USB-Stick work ?

regards

Ronald=20

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:31:12PM +0200, Niels Stargardt wrote:
> Hi,
> after I enabled suspend to disk and ram with kernel 2.6.8.1 I get a probl=
em with my usb-stick. After compile the kernel with the generic-scsi-suppor=
t it works fine. After a suspend to ram the usb-stick doesn't work. I get t=
he following error-message:
>=20
> mount: /dev/mobil1 is not a valid block device
>=20
> I try the same with kernel 2.6.9. There it was the same. For your informa=
tion I have set the option USB suspend/resume off, because if I set it on, =
I couldn't wake up the notebook again :-( after an suspend.