[ltp] Using T41p for Presentation over Projector

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:31:00 -0400

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:38:11 +0800, Chan-Wah Ng <cwng@psl.com.sg> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have this problem about using T41p for presentation.  I am able to
> configure X to do either (a) clone mode, or (2) independent screen.
> However, it will work only if X started after the projector plug is
> connected to the VGA out.  If I start X with nothing connected, the
> results varies ... depending on the projector.  For the one I am
> currently using, it gives a non-scrollable clone of my desktop at a
> resolution of 1280x1024 (I think).
>
> Anyway I can configure the X to always pretend that an external
> connector of 1024x768 is available?  Thank you!

what you want is mergedfb clone mode.  take a look at the radeon man
page.  add something like this to your device config:

	Option	"MergedFB" "true"
	Option  "CRT2Position" "Clone"
	Option  "MetaModes" "1400x1050-1024x768"
	Option  "CRT2HSync" "31-60"
	Option  "CRT2VRefresh "50-75"

adjust the CRT2 hysnc and vrefresh to the settings for your projector.

this will set crtc1 (the LCD) to 1400x1050 and crtc2 (the vga port) to
1024x768.  feel free to add other mode combos the the metamodes list.

Alex