[ltp] Re: r40 lockups after swsusp

Peter T. Breuer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:43:27 +0200

John M Flinchbaugh <glynis@butterfly.hjsoft.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: us-ascii, 2083 lines --]
>
> occassionally (still more than i like), my r40 running unstable debian
> and linux 2.6.9 locks up shortly after it awakes from swsusp.  it

Same here under 2.6.8.1 with an x24, except mine comes back from the
ordinary TP apm suspend like that.  Uh, no, strike that.  It fails to go
INTO suspend, just showing a blank screen after the suspend button has
been pressed.

It's very occassional, maybe 1 in 20 times or less. But that's a lot
more than under 2.6.3, which is almost completely reliable in that
respect.

> usually happens once i get working (within about 5 minutes of resuming).
> i'm not sure if it has anything to do with networking, but it happens
> using the wired e100 or the wireless ipw2100 nic.

Sounds likely (and familiar - I think both my cards have cooling
problems)

> i've seen this behavior on linux 2.6.8.1 and 2.6.9, and with various
> ipw2100 drivers from ipw2100.sf.net.
>
> sysrq keys do nothing when it locks up like this, and power button is
> the only recourse.  it obviously does not ping anymore either.  once i

Ditto.

Peter