[ltp] THinkpad t23 1.13ghz and mplayer

Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:22:43 +0300

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 04:58:15PM -0400, Matt Graham wrote:
> On Sunday 05 September 2004 16:03, after a long battle with technology,=
=20
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > I would suggest avoiding VESA.
>=20
> Aye.  Figure out which accelerated X server you need, use it instead. =20
> Every graphics operation will be a lot faster.
>=20
> > My T23 has a 866 MHz CPU, but [...] I use the "s3" driver for X, and=20
> > the "xv" driver for mplayer.
>=20
> s3?  Did you mean s3virge?  There is an s3_drv.so=20

Sorry, my mistake.  I meant "savage".  Here's the relevant section from my
XF86Config-4:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "S3 Inc. SuperSavage/IXC SDR"
        Driver          "savage"
        Option          "HWCursor" "off" # perhaps this will help with Xcur=
sor
EndSection

Actually I do not remember what that comment about Xcursor means.  I still =
have
minor problems with Xcursor (i.e. the new coloured, animated, translucent m=
ouse
cursors introduced with XFree86 4.3) -- if I move the mouse while watching =
a movie,
a small blue box appears around the mouse cursor and does not disappear.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
One could envision a different approach to persistence (hands wave and
magical stardust appears overhead to percussive indian string music)
where objects in the database were proxied rather than deriving from a
common base class.
	-- Casey Duncan

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--