[ltp] Getting Kwifimanager to work

John Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:43:45 -0700

James Knott wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get Kwifimanager to work in SuSE 9.1?  While
> the signal strength indicator works fine, the configuration part
> doesn't even save any settings (at least not that I can see).  The
> same configuration panel also appears in the Control Center, but it
> doesn't work there either.
>
> I've got SuSE running on a ThinkPad R31, with the Prism WiFi chip set.
>
> tnx jk

I'm afraid I'm not much help here, but I can say I've had exactly the
same results with Kwifimanager. Only I was on a Toshiba with Mandrake
10.0 and the Prism WiFi chip set. I could see the signal strength and
settings, but when I made changes they never semed to get saved or applied.

Cheers,
--
John Locke
Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems