[ltp] T42p keyboard weirdness

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:00:17 -0400

--=-=-=

I'm in the middle of getting Linux up and running on my
brand-spankin'-new T42p. So far, so good (a huge shout of thanks to
William Stein, if you're out there, for
http://modular.fas.harvard.edu/t42/).

So, I'm building things and working along and everything is fine and
then all of a sudden the "numlock" light comes on and goes off
sporadically. Of course, while it's on, I get arrow keys of various
sorts for the keys on the right hand side of the keyboard.

Sometimes it blinks rapidly, sometimes it stays on for a while,
sometime it stays off for a while. I don't see any rhyme or reason to
it. The machine is just sitting there. (Actually, it's downloading
J2SE on eth0, I think).

Anyone seen this?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm