[ltp] ibm_acpi 0.4 on a T42p

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:36:27 -0400

--=-=-=

A few notes the brief experiments on my T42p.

Before loading ibm_acpi, Fn-F5 toggles Bluetooth

After loading ibm_acpi, it doesn't.

In neither configuration does Fn-F7 have any effect on the display. If
I plug in the monitor before booting, I get a 2048x1536 (or something
like that) resolution on the monitor (even though there's no such
modeline in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, which I find quite confusing). If I
boot without the monitor, I get the 1600x1200 display I expect on the
LCD. If I then plug in the monitor, I get a very wavy, fuzzy display
(even though /proc/acpi/ibm/video says the crt and dvi are both
disabled).

Running "echo dvi_enable > video" and "echo crt_enable > video" have
no effect. Nor does *_disable.

I really would like to be able to have the display on both the LCD and
the CRT (for projecting to give presentations) and I'd like to be able
to control the resolution :-)

Actually, what would be ideal is an arrangement where I can project
something other than what is on the LCD, but one step at a time...

FWIW, I'm running with a stock 2.6.8.1 kernel with swsusp2 patches but
no other patches.

Thoughts?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm