[ltp] Journaling on a laptop?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:19:40 +0300

--vni90+aGYgRvsTuO

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 08:33:09AM +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Brian D. Ropers-Huilman wrote:
> > Arno Willig said the following on 2004-09-16 15:19:
> > | I use the fabulous Reiser4 filesystem (which can be found in the
> > | mm-patches for recent kernels on kernel.org)
> >
> > I have a full root-LVM and all filesystems, other than /boot, are reiser
> > v3 and I have been very happy as well, on an R50p.
>=20
> Jings.  I hope neither of you actually care about your data...
>=20
> I'm interested to know whether the extra Maildir performance is really wo=
rth
> it, knowing that one day you'll wake up to find an empty filesystem?

Does reiserfs v3 really give you extra Maildir performance?  Once my
coworker benchmarked some directory operations (creation of 20000 files
in a single directory, listing them, removing them) on ext3 and reiserfs
v3.  We were very surprised to find out that ext3 was faster than
reiserfs v3.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
It's not illegal to disagree with my opinions (*).
[...]
(*) Although it obviously _should_ be. Mwhaahahahahaaa... You unbelievers
will all be shot when the revolution comes!
		-- Linus Torvalds

--vni90+aGYgRvsTuO

--vni90+aGYgRvsTuO--