[ltp] New keycodes after changing to X.org

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:32:32 +0200

Hi,

on my A30p I had configured the additional buttons (forward, backward,
mail, home, search, favorites, reload, stop) to send Fxx keycodes. Each
one of these buttons sent a different key code.

After installing X.Org 6.7.0 (-r2 Gentoo ebuild) the stop buttons sends
a different keycode while the favorites and search button send the same
one (230).

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be? I didn't change
anything else (just changed the font paths after copying XFree86.conf
-> xorg.conf) and didn't upgrade the kernel or similiar things (I'm
running 2.6.7 happily since 40 days nonstop).

Switching to different keyboard layouts and other steps I tried didn't
change anything.

Ciao,
Matthias
--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/