[ltp] problems with vmware and display

Leo Gürtler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:25:54 +0200

Dear alltogether,

I use a T41p, debian sarge, xfree 4.3, a self-compiled kernel 2.6.11.5,
and tried both vmware 4.5 and vmware 5 beta.

The problem: as soon as in vmware a guest OS is booted/ resumed, the
colors of my screen "go crazy". This means strange discolorings appears
and the fonts look like sand, because colors are missing, i.e. discolored.

This is for the Xfree86 "ati", "radeon" as well as for the proprietary
"fglrx" module true. Thus it does not seem to depend in the module. I
also tried to enable/ disable dga, without any success.

This happens regardless of the window manager (fluxbox) or environment
(gnome, kde).

The colors _within_ vmware are fully correct.

All other  things do function perfectly on the system.

Any suggestions and hints??

Many thanks !!

best regards

leo