[ltp] Re: S3 suspend on the R51: Success stories?

Achim Trumpler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:47:19 +0200

Hello,

I also got a R51 2887-32G with an Intel Extreme Graphics 2.. ACPI S3
sleep was fine till I did a bios update. It was just like Jan Girlich
wrote already. Same problem (message "Stopping tasks: |=================").
Without the boot option acpi_sleep=s3_bios there is some kind of resume
(the sleep-moon disapears, CD-ROM-drive is turning ...), but the display
doesn't work anymore. I've tried several boot options, several bios
versions, sleep with and without X but I didn't manage to get it work
anymore.

Does the 2887-32G have any APM-support? dmesg shows something like "APM:
bios not found"

I hope these informations are helpful for someone.
Achim