[ltp] Good price on T43p?

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:21:10 -0400

Hi,

     Both of the better sources I have for thinkpads (the computer
store at the local university and the IBM employee purchase program)
are unable to provide me with a thinkpad T model with 15" screen.
Does anybody have suggestions where I can get a good price on the
following:

     T-model (preferably a T43p)
     15" screen
     7200 RPM drive
     extended life battery
     802.11 wireless, preferably also bluetooth
     minimal RAM
     CD/DVD burner

     Based on advice here I'm getting the 7200rpm drive, which is
reportedly only available in 60GB.  I'm also planning to buy most
of the RAM after-market, and bump it up to 1GB at least.

     I'm looking for bluetooth because it'd be nice to start
experimenting with the technology, and since I carry an external
keyboard practically everywhere anyway, maybe I should get a bluetooth
keyboard.  Speaking of which, any recommendations for bluetooth
keyboards?

     Currently, here's the best price I've found, they all share
the same set of specs but have different DVD/CD and wireless options:

     T43p
     15" UXGA screen
     Pentium M 770, 2.13 GHz
     1.0 GB RAM
     60 GB HD @ 7200 RPM
     128 MB Video RAM
     9-cell extended life battery
     Modem + Bluetooth

     $3406.00 - Model # 2668-H4U | Combo Drive  | Intel a/b/g wireless
     $3406.00 - Model # 2668-H7U | Combo Drive  | IBM a/b/g wireless
     $3544.00 - Model # 2668-H5U | Multi-Burner | Intel a/b/g wireless
     $3544.00 - Model # 2668-H8U | Multi-Burner | IBM a/b/g wireless

     Also, anybody have any comment on whether I should go with Intel
or IBM wireless?

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com