[ltp] stepped color gradient - T20

Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:37:41 -0400

On Apr 6, 2005 6:58 PM, Sebastian Voitzsch <sebastian.voitzsch@web.de> wrot=
e:
> Hello,
>=20
> it seems my T20 is unable to do "real" 16 or 24bit color depth. Photos ar=
> fine, but graphics with color gradiens appear stepped. It=B4s not related=
> the LCD, an external monitor shows the same picture.
>=20
> Any hints?

It can, in the last few xfree86/xorg releases the CLUT was left in
6bit mode instead of 8-bit mode when 24bpp was selected.  I fixed it
in xorg cvs.  you can grab xorg snapshots here:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d=
228ffb87b76
It still needs some more tweaks to make CLUT2 work properly in 8 bit
mode on crtc2, but I've never gotten around to fixing it.  Should work
fine in single head mode.

Alex