[ltp] Fn keys

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:27:45 +0200

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:40:06PM +0430, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
> BTW - My ThinkPad R51 does have two backward and forward buttons near arrow
> keys for Web navigation. Can I also enable them?

On my X40 this is what I do in my .xsession which is run when I login.

	echo -e 'keycode 234 = F13
	keycode 233 = F14'|xmodmap -

I guess there are better solutions around, but this one was quick enough
and works for me. (:

Since I've mapped those two buttons to starting and stopping music
playback it didn't matter which symbol I assigned to them. You might
want to try something else that makes more sense to you than F13 and
F14.

Anyone who knows what they are supposed to be called and possibly even
the correct way to add them with XKB instead of old school xmodmap?
--
/Martin