[ltp] Re: How to turn your T42p into a brick with ACPI...

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:29:06 +1000

I too would like to see the movies on disassembling the T42.

I have a T42p working with working ACPI suspend-to-ram. I am using
kernel 2.6.11, Mandrake 10.1 and the x.org X drivers and just followed
the numerous examples of ACPI scripts that can be found on this
mailing-list's archive.

It took 2-3 hours to figure out what the scripts were doing, which
modules needed to be modprobed out/in before and after suspends, etc.....

There are NO problems with excessive power consumption during
suspend-to-ram for this machine.

All I am waiting for is the fix to the
support-for-DRI+resume-from-suspend problem. However if you do not need
3D acceleration (or only have a rare need for it like me) then this is
not an issue either.

Regards,
DS