[ltp] Is there any possible (ugly) solution for the ati-drivers

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:30:25 +0200

On So, 2005-04-10 at 22:16 +0200, Steffen Dreise wrote:
> is there any possible solution to get opengl and suspend working? Whats
> with apm, does it work with a running gl?

The last time, I checked (first major 8.* revision, afterwards I
abandoned them and switched to the open source Xorg driver), I could
successfully use ATI's driver with enabled 3D acceleration and APM (!)
suspend-to-ram.

(At that time, I used to unload the USB drivers in my APM suspend
script, otherwise, the system would not resume but hang, which may or
may not be necessary anymore for current kernels.)

> Im currently using 2.6.11-mm4
> and the ati-driver will not compile because of a drm error.

Did you have a look into the bugzilla
http://ati.cchtml.com/
and/or the Rage3D forums?
http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88

There are often patches there for the ATI driver to built against newer
kernels.

Greetings, UW(e)