[ltp] SuSE 9.3 on T42p

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:42:47 -0400 (EDT)

	Works like a charm!  I needed to add "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to the
kernel command line for suspend to RAM (to avoid video corruption on
resume), but that was about it -- it also seems to resume faster under
9.3.  Suspend to disk, IBM/Atheros wireless, audio, video, CPU power
saving, HD/DVD DMA, all worked out of the box.  Also it boots *way* faster
than under SuSE 9.2.  There are a lot of nice improvements.  (It even
includes the binary ATI driver, though I haven't tried it on 9.3 yet.)
The only real down side so far is that the X-Windows login is might really
be more accurately termed the long-in.  Still, that's tiny compared to the
improvements, and I'd definitely recommend it!

Aaron