[ltp] Re: Unpleasant noise on T42p

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:29:52 +0200

On 14.04.2005, 17:19 +0200 Martin Hermanowski wrote:

Just for the record:

My T42p started buzzing, too, after I switched to 2.6.11. 'Apparently it
has nothing to do with wifi. It usually helps to have powernowd running.

On my machine the buzzing always stops whenever any USB device becomes
active. Switching on the bluetooth adapter does the trick as well as
plugging some mass storage to the external USB port.

As a side note, my wife's Acer TM100 (800 MHz PIII) has started emitting
a buzzing noise with 2.6.11, too. On that machine it only occurs when
the processor is idle and some disk access takes place.
I havent yet found a way to make it stop.

br,
    Fionn
--
Software patents    -  not allowed in Europe | See whats going on:
Archiving Email     -  patented in Europe    | http://freepatents.org/