[ltp] Slightly confused about ACPI S3 sleep powerdrain and radeon patches

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:09:43 +0100

> a) where can i find a recent radeon powerdrain patch?
> b) should i be patching ACPI too? I seem to remember people mentioning one
> ACPI patch before the radeon patch

Sorry to reply to my own post but I tried another patch and it works much
better this time:

- vanilla kernel 2.6.11.6
- 05-radeon patch from
<http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/ACPIpowerOK>
- swsusp2  2.1.8-for-2.6.11

all patches apply ok, the kernel compiles fine and the battery drain is now
considerably reduced:

Sun Apr 17 20:38:11 BST 2005
before: 45490 mWh
after: 45140 mWh
diff: -350 mWh
seconds: 1376 sec
result: -915 mW
Congratulations, your model seems NOT to be affected.

This is more that what I used to get with 2.6.11-rc2 but still acceptable.
Also, it was a fairly short test (only 22minutes) and the calculation might
be unreliable.

Does anybody know the difference between the radeon patches?? I could diff
them but I don't really understand kernel code ...

JP