[ltp] Wireless things

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:58:56 +0200

Hi all,

I've never used wireless networking, so excuse my ignorance. The thing is
my R51 sometimes lits up that "radio light" (the leftmost of the little
green leds at the bottom of the screen). What does it mean?

Does it mean my computer is sending out some signal? How can I turn that
off?

Does it mean my computer is receiving some signal? How can I get more
information about it and, if possible, connect to that network (if any)?

If it's not clear, I have no wireless network knowingly configured, but
there may be some available one in some places I move to...

Thanks