[ltp] Release/renew ip address on T21?

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:54:59 +0200

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 10:17:50PM -0400, Crispian Thorne wrote:
> Does anyone know a way to release and renew an IP address?

With some success I've been using wpa_supplicant for automatically make
my computer know which network to connect to. Sometimes moving it from
one network to another works without any problem, but it also happens
that I manually have to kill the dhclient. :(

Basically the software is supposed to make it transperant to move from
network to network, but it does not always work.

My best tip is: Install it, hope it works for you and help squashing out
the bugs if it doesn't.

I'm running Debian which has the package included. I don't know if
libranet has, but I guess fetching the source and running
dpkg-buildpackage would work otherwise.

	http://packages.debian.org/wpasupplicant

There is also a package called waproamd, but it's author has orphaned it
and told users to use wpasupplicant instead.
--
/Martin