[ltp] Intermittent USB keyboard "errors" (?) w/ X30 RH9

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:36:22 +0200

I have intermittent errors with USB keyboards and my X30 (using KRUD/RH 9
and 2.4.20-18.9 kernel).  Sometimes after booting I get the following
message when I press the CapsLock key:

usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2 frame# <some number, it varies>
hid-core.c: ctrl urb status - 110 received
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 84000680, flags 0, urb e28f7600, burb e28f7700

If I unplug the the keyboard and plug it back in the messages go away.  The
keyboard is plugged directly into the computer, not through the USB hub.
It happens both with an HP USB keyboard and an IBM Model M with USB to PS/2
adapter.  At first I thought it was the Model M but other newer USB
keyboards have the same experience.

Also, from time to time the USB hub plugged into the second USB port on the
X30 will fail to activate when I boot the laptop.  Rebooting usually solves
that problem.

These things have only started happening lately.  At this point it's just
an annoyance but other posts on this list about hardware-related USB
problems have me wondering if this it something I should be concerned about
and have the IBM service center look into before the warranty expires.

So far googling has not turned up anything that has helped me understand
this particular situation.

Thanks for any help you can give,  John