[ltp] Mini Review & Questions about Mandriva Limited 2005 - DRI?

Jeff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:43:09 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Mats Keil wrote:

> Dear Jeff,
>
> Thanks for your mini-review of Mandrake/Mandriva lmt ed.  I'm still using Mndk
> 10.0 on my R40 (ATI 7500), and I'm not sure whether to update or not, since
> most things work fine (except for suspend to disk)...forgive me if it is a
> stupid question - but does hardware acceleration work?
>
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

If you're referring to graphics acceleration, I believe it works great
since both glxgears and fgl_glxgears work great after installing ATI's
graphics driver.  If this isn't what you're referring to, let me know
how to test it and I'll give it a try.

Thank you very much!

-Jeff