[ltp] Fan problem

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:08:15 -0400

I use mobilemeter, which someone mentioned on this list.  see:

http://dssc3031.ece.cmu.edu/~tamaru/mobilemeter/mobilemeterreadme-e.htm

On a T41, ambient air temp 20C, running 600 mhz (or adaptive with
minimal high speed time), and stable battery charge, a stable CPU temp
with no fan is about 30 C.  I am currently showing Freq 600, cpu temp
28, charge rate 0, HDD temp 24.

Running high load, higher ambient temp, or recharging the battery,
the fan seems to kick in at about 40C.