[ltp] Mails from ATI about the Suspend-To-Ram problem with fglrx drivers

Michael Hekel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:26:10 +0200

--------------010701080906000406020802

Mario Limonciello wrote:

> Michael, make sure vbetool is in the path for root.  By default, where
> it was installed for me on gentoo it wasn't in root's path, and I had to
> force it as such by launching with the path.

Well, vbetool is in root's path. Although it is not working here with
fglrx, there is still a big advantage using vbetool before and after
suspending. The xv video works now after wakeup, which is really great
because it didn't work before I used vbetool.
On the other hand, I have the impression, that the cpu fan is now more
often running. Do you also have these feeling?

I have currently not compiled the newest fglrx driver (I'm still on
3.x), maybe therefore fglrx didn't profit on vbetool, I will check this
soon.

Regards,
   Michael

--------------010701080906000406020802

begin:vcard
fn:Michael Hekel
n:Hekel;Michael
org;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A4t Ulm
adr;dom:;;;Ulm;DE
email;internet:michael.hekel@informatik.uni-ulm.de
tel;fax:07363 952093
tel;home:07363 5992