[ltp] Fan problem

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:55:51 -0400

Ovidiu Achim wrote:
> Would you tell us your system specification? CPU, HDD (model), video
> card, wireless module?

Model number is 2373-311, 1.6 GHz Pentium M, 512 MB ram, 802.11b/g, 80
GB hard drive, the usual ati (7500?) graphics.  Power config on AC is
never sleep, run with adaptive clock speed.  As someone noted, this is
in Windows XP.

This particular one is a work issue and I don't have Linux on it yet.
I had a prior one (went in a divorce :-() that was a T41 1.4 GHz
centrino, 768 MB with Fedora 1.  I didn't have a temp monitor program in
linux, but the fan rarely came on with that either.. also set for
powersaver cpu clocking.