[ltp] Problems installing Linux on a T43

Thor Tall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 02:47:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the information.
Unfurtunatelly I cannot ask the customer to upgrade as
I am only supplying a small part of a big system and
they to not want to spend the money to upgrade to a
new version of linux. security is not an issue as the
software is running in a closed environment with no
external internet access.

I have tried to install a new kernel version 2.4.31
which doesn't help as I still only get 2.4 MB/s access
to the disk and I cannot change the DMA setting.

I have also looked at the CentOS 3 and it seem to be
build on later versions of Redhat so I cannot use it.

With respect to the earlier listing regarding the T43
and DMA then I have read them and although I enable
the defines as described in the postings I doesn't
seem to help with a 2.4.31 kernel.

I would be greateful for anyother ideas.

Thanks,
Thor.