[ltp] X20 ticking like a clock?

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:09:06 +0200

--=-J+ft3ttst0CLcTAxQRdI

Hei,

> There is one thing that makes me wonder, though.  It ticks like a clock=20
> about every second.  Is this normal?  Where does it come from?  It is=20
> not the HD since the ticking will not go away when I take the drive out.=20
>   I am afraid this is something on its last leg and if that is the case,=20
> I'd rather return the machine for an exchange right away.

My X20s fan makes some noise that sounds a bit like a ticking clock. I
think it is a bit loose and hits it's casing regularly. You coult try
sticking something into the fan to keep it from running while you switch
on the notebook for a short time. It shouldn't do any harm and you could
figure.

> Another question if I may.  Does the X20 support booting off a Compact=20
> Flash Card?

Didn't try yet, but am interested in the same question.

Andr=E9.

--=-J+ft3ttst0CLcTAxQRdI

--=-J+ft3ttst0CLcTAxQRdI--