[ltp] Re: X20 ticking like a clock?

Rolf Leggewie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:43:07 +0200

James Knott wrote:

>>>    Does it go away when you mute the volume?

> Plug headphones into the headphone jack.  That will make any audio
> harder to hear, unless you put the headphones on.

Good idea.  The ticking continued.  I tried it out on the second machine
I bought for a friend and it also makes that ticking noise albeit almost
unnoticeably.  It appears to be related to battery or AC adapter.  When
I take out the battery, the ticking stops.  The battery is completely
dead (does not even power the X20 for a single second).  Maybe that is
the reason.  I'll have to test it out once I get a working battery for
this machine.

Regards

Rolf