[ltp] Thinkpad APM Support

Andrew Jesaitis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:24:45 -0600

I recently switched from acpi support to apm support on my T41p.  I did
this to try and solve the problems I was experiencing with getting the
hotkeys to enable sleep, blank screen, etc.  Anyway, now my screen
automatically turns off after a couple minutes (whether I am running on
battery or ac power) and it doesn't seem to matter if I have been
actively using the computer.  How can I change the apm settings to
either disable blanking the screen while working, or disable it
completely?  Also this seemed to start happening right after I installed
laptop_mode, but I think that has to be a red herring as the
laptop-mode.conf file has no setting controlling the screen.

Second question.  Is there any reason to work to get acpi support
working rather than using the apm support on this laptop?

Thanks,
Andrew