[ltp] Thinkpad APM Support

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:33:20 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Andrew Jesaitis wrote:

> SELinux is getting in the way of certain ACPI functions (blanking the screen
> and swusp2).  Anyway, I changed the system-config-securtiylevel file
> directly, but that didn't seem to help.  If I disable SELinux globally things
> work fine, but this probably isn't the best solution.

Very odd - once set in s-c-securitylevel (and acpid restarted) it
really shouldn't get in the way.  Check the boolean file I mentioned,
my /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans.local has:

apmd_disable_trans=1

(current SELinux policy treats apm and acpid in the same breath, which
I've argued a bit it shouldn't - acpid needs to do more).  Then check
/var/log/audit/audit.log on keypress to look for denied errors.

> One completely unrelated question that is really easy...is there an "open as
> root" command in gnome because its a little annoying to have my email acct
> under one user and have to log in as root to change locked files.

Unsure what you mean by locked files - you mean
ownership/permissions?  "su -"...?  I think I'm missing the question
here :)

Honey