[ltp] gain exclusive access to disk?

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:25:39 -0500 (CDT)

Matt Graham graciously explained:

> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 10:13, after a long battle with technology,
> Josh Battles wrote:

haha.lol

> Why do you need PQMagic to resize partitions?  Use ntfsresize or FIPS;
> they work well and avoid all the bugs you get in PQMagic.

I had a copy of partition magic to play with and had used it successfully in
the past so I figured it would be ok.

> You're trying to use PQMagic.  That's usually a bad move.  Norton
> anything these days is also usually a bad move; their utilities'
> quality has gone downhill.

Yeah, but it came preinstalled on my thinkpad and I had heard that Norton was
better than McAfee so I left it alone.

>> Nobody here can help me with this?
>
> See above.  If you have an NTFS partition to resize, use ntfsresize; it
> works fine according to the reports I've seen on col.*.

Cool.  I'll definately check out ntfsresize then.  Thanks for the tips, I
appreciate it.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com