[ltp] activating 3 button on a t40p under debian sarge

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:17:42 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Josh Battles wrote:

> The center button for the trackpoint device if pressed, will allow you to
> move whatever's on the screen in the direction you move the trackpoint in.
> Press the middle button, move the trackpoint downwards, your stuff scrolls
> that way.  Move it sideways, your stuff scrolls that way.

Hmm.  Do the right and left trackpoint buttons work for you?  Can't
test with anything that uses the trackpoint itself as I removed it,
and it's not at home :)

I could swear as someone else reported that the trackpoint doesn't
work when both trackpoint and touchpad are enabled: just confirmed
they are both set to "Automatic" in the BIOS (v2.11 - a bit older)
and with the previous kernel boot option.  Without the boot option,
the touchpad is erratic.

Maybe it's a T40 thing.