[ltp] t43 and ibm-acpi

Domas Monkus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:45:06 +0300

Hi,
I can't get Fn-F7 to work on my T43. Whenever I press these keys,
nothing happens, even though the hotkeys are all enabled and the
needed acpi event and action scripts are in place.
As a matter of fact even doing ' echo "lcd_disable" >
/proc/acpi/ibm/video ' gives no result. What could be the cause? I get
this behaviour with the .8 and .11 ibm_acpi drivers.
I've compiled the 2.6.12.5 kernel with a bunch of patches (sata_pm,
suspend2, trackpoint, etc) and the latest ibm_acpi driver (.11). Being
lazy I just copied the new ibm_acpi.c file over the old one.

I was thinking of letting the thinkpad handle Fn-F7 and Fn-F5. How
should I set the hotkey mask to do this?

Thanks,
Domas