[ltp] Problem with ACPI Standby on G41

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:56:47 -0700

> I'll be interested in your experiments, because I have a G41, and there
> don't seem to be many out there.

So I just set up kernel 2.6.13 on this system.  I also read the kernel
help options carefully and see that /proc/acpi/sleep is deprecated
although it can be enabled.  I left it disabled.  So now when I echo -n
standby > /sys/power/state the machine actually appears to go into
standby mode but only momentarily.  It wakes up immediately.  I shut
down the wireless interface in case that was waking it up (even though I
have wake on lan off in the bios anyways) but that didn't have any
effect.  But at least now it does something!