[ltp] considering t43p... is the lenovo quality okay?

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:48:37 -0800

On Thursday 08 December 2005 03:17 am, Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) wrote:

> AFIAK lenovo did produce the thinkpad's for IBM, before they bought the
> PC-section of IBM. I don't really now one PC brand (maybe DELL) who's
> making their hardware all on their own. there are imho 3 big chinese
> companies who do the hardware for the big ones (HPQ, Acer, ....IBM,....)

And you know what's ironic? The Dell lappies, particularly the low-end
Inspirons, SUCK. They might be made in Round Rock, TX still (I wouldn't lay
money on that, though) but they are flimsy and easily breakable. Every single
Inspiron lappie that is being used at my University has one thing or another
wrong with it. Loose ports, broken ports, card cages that are dead, audio
circuitry that has gone to its Eternal Reward, etc.

Now if they had gone with R-series ThinkPads instead, they could have had
something that could take all the abuse that professors, students and library
staff could heap on them. But would they spend the weensiest extra money on
those rather than the cheap-ass Dells? Nope. So giving a presentation is a
freaking nightmare.

I HATE Dell.
Hate, hate, hate.
--