[ltp] New thinkpad: T43/p (/Z-series?)

Arnaud Fontaine linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:14:30 +0100

>>>>> "honey" == honey  <gneeki@gmail.com> writes:

    honey> Hi, I'm about to convince a friend to buy a Thinkpad rather
    honey> than a Dell.  I have a T40 which I'm happy with, but she
    honey> (lucky thing) has funds to buy a new laptop, so I wonder if
    honey> anyone could advise generally if the T43 series present any
    honey> gotchas with Linux I've missed?  Apologies in advance that
    honey> I'll be behind on some of the issues: I'm looking for a
    honey> summary of any problems and pointers to read up on them.

Hello,

You should never buy a dell laptop, it sucks. Actually, my previous
laptop was a Dell laptop (Latitude serie) and the charging circuit on
the motherboard doesn't work anymore (i have bought it two years
ago). In addition technical support (for intervention for instance) is
really slow...

I have found some interesting links in order to configure a T43 on
tuxmobil.org, maybe you could take a look at this website. Thinkwiki.org
is fine too...

Thanks for your answer.
Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001