[ltp] New thinkpad: T43/p (/Z-series?)

honey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:20:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> You should never buy a dell laptop, it sucks. Actually, my previous
> laptop was a Dell laptop (Latitude serie) and the charging circuit on
> the motherboard doesn't work anymore (i have bought it two years
> ago). In addition technical support (for intervention for instance) is
> really slow...

Don't worry Arnaud, I've been through the same experience :)  Not
thinking of anything but a Thinkpad to recommend.

> I have found some interesting links in order to configure a T43 on
> tuxmobil.org, maybe you could take a look at this website. Thinkwiki.org
> is fine too...

Thanks yes, am reading up there.  I'm just afraid I'll miss something
obvious because I'm not up to date.  I don't read many T43 mails
because I'm jealous..!  Hoping for a shortcut to any obvious configs
to avoid.

Honey