[ltp] Re: T4x Battery Conditons Survey

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:20:32 +1100

Kelvin KAN <kelvin@sgi.com> writes:

> Now nearly 1 yr, in 38 charging cycles, the battery capacity of my T42
> has dropped from 4700mAh (designed) to 4200mAh (fully charged).
> Projecting this degradation into next yr, it will be practically giving
> me only 2-hr running by next X'mas.
>
> To be honest, I've been using the battery with great care and have
> removed the battery while running on AC.  And 38 charge cycles in 1 yr
> does NOT seem too frequent.

You surely have done a wonderful job looking after the battery, given...

> How's yours?  Really an IBM (not Lenovo) quality issue?

...that the warranty on batteries is a one year warranty -- by the end
of a year, the expectation is that the battery is sufficiently worn that
it will be thrown away and replaced.

If you lost only eleven percent of your capacity in that time, you have
indeed done well keeping the battery in high condition.

Regards,
        Daniel