[ltp] T4x Battery Conditons Survey

Macskassy Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:56:33 +0100

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:53:03 +0100, Kelvin KAN <kelvin@sgi.com> wrote:

> Now nearly 1 yr, in 38 charging cycles, the battery capacity of my T42
> has dropped from 4700mAh (designed) to 4200mAh (fully charged).
> Projecting this degradation into next yr, it will be practically giving
> me only 2-hr running by next X'mas.
>
> To be honest, I've been using the battery with great care and have
> removed the battery while running on AC.  And 38 charge cycles in 1 yr
> does NOT seem too frequent.
>
> How's yours?  Really an IBM (not Lenovo) quality issue?

I think that you cannot pedict the lifetime of a battery. I have had HP
nc9xxx running 4hours with battery after 2 years (originally 4,5h). On my
gericom-notebook the capacity dropped 40% in 10 months.
Afaik you have to be lucky. I can only hope that my R50e won't dissappoint
me... ;-)
To put it in a nutshell 500mAh in one year is ok.

Regards,
Csaba

--
Macskassy Csaba