[ltp] Software suspend, ibm_acpi and tpb

Arnaud Fontaine linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:37:42 +0100

Hello,

I am using software suspend included in the kernel, it works fine on my
T43 with suspend to ram and suspend to disk too. However, after
restoring the system using suspend to disk, ibm_acpi and tpb doesn't
work anymore. I have compiled ibm_acpi as kernel module and it works
like a charm with suspend to ram. Any idea ?

This is my hibernate.conf for suspend to disk :

UseSuspend2 no
UseACPISleep 4
Verbosity 0
LogFile /var/log/hibernate.log
LogVerbosity 5
Distribution debian
SaveClock restore-only
OnSuspend 10 /usr/bin/emacsclient -e '(emms-stop)' &
OnSuspend 80 /usr/X11R6/bin/xtrlock &
UnmountFSTypes smbfs nfs vfat ntfs
IbmAcpi yes
RadeonTool no
UnloadBlacklistedModules yes
LoadModules auto
EnableVbetool no
UseDummyXServer no

I have also put ibm_acpi into hibernate blacklist script, so i don't
really understand what's wrong...

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001