[ltp] Re: Running SETI@Home (or loading your processor)

Bill Wohler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:53:17 -0800

Thanks a lot for all the feedback. So, I'll relax and not worry.

Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@paradise.net.nz> writes:

> 2: Make sure the DynamicClocks option is true. grep -i /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> should give you this:
>           Option      "DynamicClocks"     "True"  # [<bool>
>
> For me, this made an enormous difference to the temperature of my ThinkPad.

It's not enabled in my server and I'm not familiar with this option,
but it appears that Google should be able to explain it to me ;-).
Will do so now...

> I wrote a tiny little one line cpu temperature monitoring script. It tells
> me that while the T/P is busy up grading Gentoo, the temperature is about
> 65 degrees C. It's attached.

Anyone know if one can suspend under ACPI under Debian GNU/Linux etch
using the stock, unpatched, linux-image packages? Last time I tried,
the system froze or crashed, so I reverted to APM (which doesn't give
me temperature info).