[ltp] R50e power adaptor heat

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:27:18 +1300

--nextPart10431721.9a0H6WcWjG

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:56, Neil McGovern wrote:

> I can hold it in my hand for about 5 seconds before it starts to burn.

If you can't hold it in your hand indefinitely, it's dangerous.

No sensible manufacturer with a legal department (and IBM has that in spade=
s)=20
will spec a part to burn customers - so you can be pretty sure that adapter=
=20
is out of spec.  Thus, you can't be sure it will behave as expected, and no=
t,=20
for instance, burst into flames some night you leave it plugged in.

IBM should deal with it.

Cheers,
Bret